Automatix?

Yuki Cuss celtic at sairyx.org
Sun Mar 26 11:27:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 12:01 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could I get an opinion? Automatix, good or bad?
>
> BTW, I understand that it's unstable and alpha software. That's not what
> I mean by "bad". I just want to know if this is an app to keep an eye on
> for when I try to convert my mom to Ubuntu.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.
> --
>       /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org
>      /\/_/
>     /\/_/   A life? Sounds great!
>     \/_/    Do you know where I could download one?
>     /

I would suggest against Automatix; please see the EasyUbuntu project
instead. Automatix uses dangerous techniques; this is a recognised fact
among many Ubuntu developers and members.

Please see:
http://nalioth.hostdestroyer.com/comparison.html

I am also not a fan of the writer of this program.

 - Yuki.