Two issues: Scroll wheel, Firefox

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 01:31:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-25-03 at 19:59 -0500, Ben Novack wrote:

> Secondly, and probably more importantly - Firefox's CPU usage spikes
> up to 100% every time I load a page, making everything jerk to a halt
> for a split-second. It spikes the same way whenever I load a new item
> Google Reader. (For those unfamiliar, it's an AJAX-based RSS
> aggregator, so it's not just a matter of when full pages load.) Is
> anyone else running into this? Epiphany's plenty fast on the same
> Dapper system, and FF1.5 on my much slower Mac laptop doesn't run into
> the same kind of slowdown.

Same problem over here on Breezy.  That being said, Firefox spiked to
100% for a few seconds under Windows as well.  I suspect just generally
crappy architecture.  Since I don't use IE (even under Windows),
however, I'm pretty much stuck with Firefox for now as the alternatives
strike me as far worse.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn