how to setup /run telnet server

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Mar 24 14:22:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 14:00 +0900, Craig Hagerman wrote:
> Stupid question. How do I get a telnet server set up correctly on
> Ubuntu. I did apt-get install telnetd but when I try to log in from
> another computer it just says connection refused.

You can either reboot or do 'sudo /etc/init.d/inetd restart'.

If that doesn't work, double check /etc/inetd.conf and make sure there's
a listing for telnet.

That's the place to start looking, since telnetd is launched by inetd.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter