Some usability ideas for Ubuntu

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Fri Mar 17 21:04:28 UTC 2006

Bogdan Agica wrote:
> Michael T. Richter wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-17-03 at 00:09 +0000, Tristan Wibberley wrote:
>
>>> In Firefox on Linux, clicking on the favicon next to the address
>>> selects the address (without diddling the X Windows cut buffer).
>>
>> It does?  When I move my cursor over the icon next to the address
>> field, I get a hand icon.  Clicking on it does absolutely nothing.
>> Would you care to explain what I'm supposed to see so I can make the
>> appropriate bug report?  (Try testing it on your system to make
>> absolutely certain you're correct first, of course.)
>>
> He was probably referring to middle-clicking the favicon. The special
> text copy-paste feature of X needs the middle button for pasting. Very
> neat, when you get used to it.

I was referring to left clicking the icon to select all the text in the
location text box. If it doesn't work for anybody, that is a bug and
should probably be reported at such (indicating that it leaves no quick
mouse-bound method - AFAIK - to select all that doesn't also diddle the
cut buffer - so it hopefully won't get marked as minor).

--
Tristan Wibberley