File Installation

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Mar 17 12:35:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 13:24 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 02:23, Josué Alcalde González wrote:
> > Wine is a program which allow to run windows applications in linux.
> > It is only a beta and it doesn't work for all applications.
> > Sometimes, it needs hard work to make it work.
> > You sholud check the wine site for more information
> > http://www.winehq.com
>
> The original poster seems new to this new-fangled Linux thing, so I'd
> recommend he also installs WineTools to make the process easier. I
> don't have the URL handy but there's a link to it from the download
> page at www.winehq.com
lat time I checked WineTools wasn't compatible with the wine 0.x series.
I'd love to hear of a tool that is, Franks Corner has lots of good
guides for getting things running though.

Do the guys over at Cedega contribute code to wine? If not then I'd
recommend seeing if Crossover Office from codeweaver can run the apps
concerned - they give code back to wine. Help CrossOver = help wine.

Duncan
--
Linux user #372812, GPG Encryption Key ID 21A8C63A, available on
Jabber/GoogleTalk, msn and yahoo with the help of Gaim. Yes - a nerd.