Nero CD/DVD burner equivalent for ubuntu?

Christopher Nelson chris at cavein.org
Thu Mar 16 02:14:56 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-16, alex <radsky at ncia.net> wrote:
> I've heard that Nero has recently come out with a free(?) Linux version
> but you need a
> registered Windows version to qualify.

If you want to check it out, it's available as a .deb here:
http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html
but, I don't see Ubuntu called out in it's supported platforms, so use
at your own risk.

> Is there an equivalent to Nero's CD/DVD burning program available for
> ubuntu?

You mean Free Software?
For full burning suites, there's k3b (I liked it, it's KDE), gnomebaker
(I haven't used this one, GNOME).
You can also write data and .iso's with nautilus and audio cd's with
serpentine, both of which work (at least in dapper, I'm not sure where
along serpentine got added).  Those are the only ones that come to mind,
but I'm sure there's others in the Universe somewhere.

Christopher Nelson -- chris at cavein.org