Nero CD/DVD burner equivalent for ubuntu?

frank mccormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 16 02:22:20 UTC 2006

alex wrote:
> I've heard that Nero has recently come out with a free(?) Linux version
> but you need a
> registered Windows version to qualify.
>
> Is there an equivalent to Nero's CD/DVD burning program available for
> ubuntu?
>
> alex

    NeroLinux is NOT free. You can get a 30 day trial version but after
that you must buy it via a serial number. Its a good piece of software
but if you are opposed to paying for Linux software it'll rub you the
wrong way. NeroLinux handles all types of burning to CDs and DVDs.
During the 30 days I had it it seemed to be reliable and quick. And NO I
don't work for them.

Cheers

Frank