ubuntu-standard: Listed package maintainers often highly rude (incorrect listed maintainers)

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 02:45:02 UTC 2006

On 3/12/06, sam at vilain.net <sam at vilain.net> wrote:

> Firstly, apologies for raising this quasi-social issue as a grave bug
> against the base system, but I believe this is an issue which impacts
> on the usability of Ubuntu proper, that should be fixed before the
> next release.  My apologies if I could not find the previous
> discussion of this issue, which I presume must exist somewhere.
>
> If you report a bug in a package to the maintainer of the package,
> they frequently turn around and say - often endeavouring to be as
> terse and rude as possible, as certain other distribution's
> maintainers are wont to do - that they do not support bugs in Ubuntu.

Because that's not the way to report bugs for a packages in Ubuntu.
They are Debian maintainers, not Ubuntu developpers.

If you look at
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/bugs

It  does mention that the correct way is via Malone, and give a couple
of link on how to reports bugs.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/udev/+filebug

--
Daniel Robitaille