ubuntu-standard: Listed package maintainers often highly rude (incorrect listed maintainers)

Filipe Bonjour fbonjour at urbanet.ch
Mon Mar 13 07:04:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

> It  does mention that the correct way is via Malone, and give a couple
> of link on how to reports bugs.
I got the same problem some time ago. I now understand that we should
use Malone, but is there a valid reason why the Debian package
maintainer's name remains on all Ubuntu packages?

After all, if you find a bug in a package, how many documents will you
read before reporting it? People rightly assume that the information
about package maintainers is coherent.

Filipe