php5-mcrypt in breezy/dapper

Jochen Kaechelin fvgi242ss at wlanhacking.de
Sun Mar 12 09:09:45 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 12. März 2006 09:55 schrieb Daniel Robitaille:
> On 3/12/06, Jochen Kaechelin <fvgi242ss at wlanhacking.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Breezy is released, dapper in feature freeze. So no.
> >
> > Hmmm, feature freeze means that there will be no new packages
> > in dapper expect there are some security holes or something like this.
>
> correct.  between now and the release, it is very unlikely that any
> brand new packages will appear in Dapper. Some are upgraded for bug
> fixes, but the developpers  try not to introduce new features during
> that bug-fixing/fine-tuning period.
>
> > Do you know why the dropped php5-mcrypt?
>
> according to http://packages.ubuntu.com, php5-mcrypt has never been in
> Ubuntu, only php4-mcrypt.

Ok, my question was misunderstood.  I would like to know why they do not
include this essential package? And why to they not include php5-mysqli but
mysql-server-5.x?? mysql-server-5-x is nice due to it's great new features
but how to usw without the php5-mysqli package?

--
Jochen Kaechelin, fvgi242ss, wlanhacking.de