udev: /dev/null: permission denied (created with wrong permissions)

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 11 09:20:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:39:19 +0100
md at Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) wrote:

> Again: it's not my package. Not even derived from it.

$ apt-cache show udev

<snipped>
Maintainer: Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it>

Well, OK - then who *is* the maintainer? The OP was making the not
unreasonable assumption that the info in the apt-cache was accurate, and
responding  to the list because the same info says

Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Now, no doubt, launchpad would be a better place to put it, and maybe it
*is* an obvious ( to Marco ) misconfiguration, (I and most others
would not see it as blindingly obvious), but ...

How a terse, dismissive reply helps anyone, including Marco, remains a
mystery...

Apologies for the CC, Marco, but really - do try to be polite, at least.

Peter