Ruby upgrade

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:53:55 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Paul Thompson <ubantu001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Al,
>
> No I have had no problems but like U I have only been working at a
> basic level. 1.8.3 is regarded as a no-no for use with rails but as
> you said it might have been fixed in the deb. I just thought that
> since I am planning to install RadRails I should fix it.
>
> What is the version that you got from Dapper?
>
> Paul

Dapper's version is 1.8.4.  I think that your main problem with
running RadRails will be making sure that you have a JRE that will run
it (it doesn't work on my G4 Cube running Ubuntu, for example, because
I have only the Open Source Java there).  If you haven't already,
check the RestrictedFormats wiki for details on getting Sun Java
installed on Ubuntu.

You can download Rails 1.8.4 from Dapper repositories here:

libruby1.8(1.8.4-1): http://tinyurl.com/ka2eq
ruby1.8(1.8.4-1): http://tinyurl.com/oy5jn

I just checked, and RadRails is running fine on my Ubuntu 5.10 system.
 Of course, I haven't had time to do any testing other than see if it
would fire up.  At least that much works. ;)

--

  -- AL --