Enterprise Ubuntu

Mike Kenny inzanix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:53:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have come across various references to the "enterprise edition" of
Ubuntu, but not to anything relating to it's release, user acceptance
or the differences between this and the standard 5.10 release. Can
anybody provide me with some links where I might find more information
on these topics? Additionally would anybody share any experiences that
they may have of using Ubuntu in an enterprise setting? By that I mean
a large corporate environment where the desktops are required to
authenticate against Active Directory and to interoperate with MS
Exchange server for sharing of calendars and address books. And the
linux  servers would be hosting any combination(s) of Apache, tomcat,
JBoss (or Geronimo), various databases and other applications.

I am trying to put together come recommendations and would appreciate
any pointers.

TIA