Webmin

jmyers at huskywatch.com jmyers at huskywatch.com
Sun Mar 5 19:18:26 UTC 2006

What this means is that the httpd config does not allow anything but the
local host to connect to the webmin install after the instal. You have to
change the /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf file, there is an entry called
"allow=" which will have 127.0.0.1, just have it equl nothing and restart
the http stack and you will be fine...

Jamie

Simon Taplin <simon.taplin at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
05/03/2006 09:29 PM
Please respond to
simon.taplin at gmail.com; Please respond to
Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

Ubuntu Users <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
cc

Subject
Webmin

I've installed Webmin on my Ubuntu Server machine, and when I try
connect to https://192.168.0.200:10000, firefox does ask to accept the
certificate but then I get: Error - Access denied for 192.168.0.198

What am I doing wrong?

Simon

Mail was checked for spam by the Freeware Edition of No Spam Today!
The Freeware Edition is free for personal and non-commercial use.
You can remove this notice by purchasing a full license! To order
or to find out more please visit: http://www.no-spam-today.com