Wine and wine tools in Dapper

Paco Ros paco at bergantells.net
Sun Mar 5 18:35:12 UTC 2006

Hello.

I've just switched from a Debian Sid to Dapper.
I succeeded installing Internet Explorer in Sid by using wine-tools.

But this trick doesn't work in my new Dapper.

This is what happens when executing wine ie6setup.exe:

paco at blackbox:~/winetools/sys$ wine ie6setup.exe
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\" 00000000
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!

And nothing more happens.

I hate this browser, but I need it to check some web designs. I belong to a
well known LUG [bulma.net] and I know and defend all the benefits of free
software.

I think maybe some wine package is missing. I've tried to install it from
dapper universe repository and from wine Debian & ubuntu repository:
wine:
 *** 0.9.9-winehq-1 0
        500 http://wine.sourceforge.net binary/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.9.6-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper/universe Packages

Is there anybody here who installed wine + IE succesfully on dapper?

Thusands of thanks.
Kind regards.
--
Paco Ros - www.pacoros.net
Només és l'opinió subjetiva d'una persona objectiva.