Should KDE programs be shown in Ubuntu Gnome menu?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Fri Jun 30 20:08:38 UTC 2006

Jaime Davila schrieb:
> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just installed KNode, as this is my fav. usenet client. Should KNode
>> now show up in the Applications menu of (Gnome) Ubuntu Dapper? I'm asking,
>> as it doesn't show up and I'd like to know, if this is correct (I hope
>> not *G*).

> I _think_ that depends on how whoever created the package sets things
> up. For example, I installed ktorrent, and it shows up in my menus.

I was rather wondering, if there's some sort of "policy" or whatever.
Back in the days, when I was using Mandrake, I know that they made a
big deal about showing "every" application in all the menu systems
there are (like Gnome, KDE, Windowmaker, fvmw, ...). And as Mandrake
used the menu system from Debian, I thought/hoped, that this would
be more or less the same with Ubuntu; ie. that KDE programs also show
up *automatically* in the Gnome menu.

> In any case, if you right-click on the gnome-panel start button, you can
> choose "Edit menus," which brings up the a-la-carte application which
> you can use to modify your menus.

Sure. Thanks.

Alexander Skwar
--
Wir bekämpfen die Abtreibung mit Adoption.
		-- Mutter Teresa