Should KDE programs be shown in Ubuntu Gnome menu?

Jaime Davila jdavila at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 30 19:56:45 UTC 2006

Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just installed KNode, as this is my fav. usenet client. Should KNode
> now show up in the Applications menu of (Gnome) Ubuntu Dapper? I'm asking,
> as it doesn't show up and I'd like to know, if this is correct (I hope
> not *G*).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander Skwar
I _think_ that depends on how whoever created the package sets things
up. For example, I installed ktorrent, and it shows up in my menus.

In any case, if you right-click on the gnome-panel start button, you can
choose "Edit menus," which brings up the a-la-carte application which
you can use to modify your menus.

Jaime J. Davila
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Hampshire College