Upgrading to Edgy Eft

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Jun 29 20:52:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 12:24 -0700, Doug Rintoul wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > Shouldn't people at least read the Edgy release notes (found on google
> > for "edgy release notes")

> Where are these  "edgy release notes" people keep talking about? My
> search on google (with and without quotes) brings up nada.

Ooops, I was wrong, I wrote it can be found as given, but didn't check.
Sorry. The thing is, they are of course not "release notes" because edgy
is not released. That was a true brain fade of mine.

A little creativity turns it up though: for
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22edgy+eft%22+announce it is the first
hit, for
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22edgy+eft%22+shuttleworth it is 5th

It was originally posted to ubuntu-announce:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-April/000064.html

> There is actually an edgy development forum available at
> http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144.

Thanks, I hope people running edgy read it :)

> Is there a preference
> for a mailing list over a forum?

To whom is the question directed? I personally would very much prefer a
mailing list, but why not both.