Seperate madwifi-ng package for Dapper?

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:45:44 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> As suspend-to-disk isn't working properly with the default Ubuntu
> kernel on my system (cf. After suspend-resume cycle: USB mouse very
> "jumpy"),
> I'd like to try out the suspend2 kernel <http://suspend2.net/>, which
> I'm currently successfully using on my Gentoo Linux installation.
> For this, I'd like to create a new kernel package. Somewhere, I read
> that I'll then have to deinstall the linux-restricted-modules
> package. But to get my WLAN card to work, I'll need madwifi.
>
> Because of this, I'd like to have a seperate madwifi-ng package.
> Does anyone know, if there's such a package somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander Skwar
> --
> "Shelter," what a nice name for for a place where you polish your cat.

Hi Alexander!

A little thought on the "jumpy" (probably out of sync) mouse.  If it is a
wheel mouse try moving the wheel a few clicks in each direction and waiting
a second be for moving the mouse or clicking.  I have a similar jumpy mouse
problem with a system using KVM switching.  On one wheel mouse the problem
was cleared by doing what I mentioned above.  On the current wheel mouse I
disconnect the PS/2 connection at the KVM switch to cause sort of a mouse
"re-boot" and the problem is cleared.

Probably I should go into the system and see if there is a simple way to
re-sync or detect loss of sync and re-sync the mouse somehow.

Have fun!

Tod