Upgrading to Edgy Eft

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Jun 28 05:29:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 23:38 +0200, Vladimir Kerka wrote:
> Does it mean Edgy is in "experimental" now (borrowed term from
> Debian)?

Not really, as Debian's experimental is not a full distro, it's just
individual packages. As repeatedly said, Edgy is just really really
unstable with lots of activity, and I believe with less importance given
to keep it runnable early in the cycle than is the case with Debian sid.

> That's correct, I'm used to dist-upgrade my Debian and Ubuntu machines
> daily, but I was able to manage all the broken things (include broken X)

I don't get it. Then why were you surprised about a simple
openoffice.org package conflict when you dist-upgraded to edgy now? The
fact that you had, e.g., a broken X must have given you a hint that it
is not always a smooth ride.