urgent printer issue

Nik nik at cheddarcheese.de
Sun Jun 25 18:01:52 UTC 2006

In article <20060625134057.731bd0a1.boricua at despiertapr.com>,
   boricua <boricua at despiertapr.com> wrote:
> > > cups:631 for the test pages that are printed, this is very puzzling

Which test pages are being printed, I think there exists the possibility of
more than one, from the gnome front end or from cups.

> > Are all the logs really empty, ie access_log,error_log & page_log Are
> > you able to actualy print someting to the printer from localhost, and
> > if yes, does it show in the logs? What printer is this, and exactly
> > how do you install it?
> they dont show any information for the time the print occurs nor for the
> print. yes i can print and see other info in logs

If you install the driver via the cups web front end (http://localhost:631)
do you still get the same problem?
Does the problem still occur when you disconnect the machine from the
network: ie does the problem originate locally or remotely?
Nik