How to remove Kubuntu?

Dion Le Blanc dionleblanc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 08:54:40 UTC 2006

Avraham Hanadari wrote:

> I have been experimenting for some time now in order to build a Linux
> system that does what I need. Happily, mostly with the help of the
> Ubuntu family, I am approaching my goal with Dapper.
>

> Recently, I discovered that several functions I require were readily
> available in KDE, so I installed the Kubuntu desktop alongside Ubuntu. I
> subsequently discovered that I really do not like the KDE GUI, so I
> would like to remove it.
>

> So far, I have not managed to do that. Would some kind soul please
> explain how to remove the Kubuntu desktop?

  It isn't as easy as apt-get remove kubuntu-desktop unfortunately.
You need to remove kdebase and kdelibs at least, you can either do this with
synaptic and use the search to mark all kde bits and remove them all at
once. Or if you prefer apt-get then dpkg -l kde* will show you the stuff
you need to remove.