Playing a DVD -- was: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 391

Jean Hollis Weber jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Sun Jun 25 08:00:56 UTC 2006

Dana J. Laude wrote:
> Jean, I've been "kinda" following this thread and something is screwed
> up.  I would suggest installing a "fresh" dapper install of either
> ubuntu or kubuntu.
> [...]
> Hope this helps. If anyone else can.., please do ... and follow up.

Thank you for the suggestion, and the detailed instructions. I do
appreciate it, and I will keep them to refer to. I have the
Dapper alternate install ISO on CD already (I used it to upgrade
from Breezy), but I think I'll pass on doing a re-install at this
point. I've put too much effort into getting other things
(including dual screeen and wireless) working, and would prefer
not to have to do them all again (even assuming I can find my
notes on how to do them). Playing a DVD is not very high on my
priority list... but I was doing so well getting everything else
going, I thought I'd try for the lot.

Cheers, Jean