Installing without getting into livecd mode

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 25 03:09:48 UTC 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 21:56, Andy Davidson wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:59:55PM -0400, Andrew Zajac wrote:
> > There are two kinds of installer cds - the Desktop cd (live) and the
> > alternate (classic installer)  You would need to use the alternate
> > installer cd instead of the Desktop (live) cd.  You can then install with
> > less than 256 megs of ram.
>
> Can anyone give me a way to get an alternate CD without downloading
> it?  I connect via dial-up and my ISP disconnects me before I can
> download a full ISO.
>
> andy

Andy:
You can buy the CD (or CDs) from several sources. I used Cheapbytes back when
I had dial-up, and was always pleased with their service. There are some
other vendors, too -- see their ads at distrowatch.com. MOF, somewhere on the
Fedora site there is a list of both US and international CD suppliers for
Fedora; I'd bet that most of them could supply Ubuntu.

-- cmg