Playing a DVD -- was: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 391

Jean Hollis Weber jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Sat Jun 24 23:54:47 UTC 2006

Lee Tambiah wrote:
>> But I suspect that I have failed to install something that's needed
>> for playing the encrypted DVDs. I thought I had got everything, but
>> most likely I missed something.
>>
>> Thanks to all who have been helping me with this.
>>
>> --Jean
>>

> Make sure yoiu have "libdvdread3" installed..Failing this install mplayer and you should be able to watch DVD's...

Hmmm... I've know I've got libdvdread, but not sure if it's
libdvdread3 and I'm not sure how to find out (I'm a real newbie
at all of this).

I installed mplayer but it did not work either. I forget exactly
what problems it encountered. Everything I've tried has failed,
but in slightly different ways. :-)

Cheers, Jean