apt-get problems (still)

Dion Le Blanc dionleblanc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 03:57:15 UTC 2006

squareyes wrote:

> Hi,
> I have on CD my /var/cache/apt/archives from Breezy, is it possible to
> install k3b from there with dpkg? I don't seem to have a stable enough
> phone connection. Is there any way I can use wget to get the .deb's from
> archives? On dial up k3b takes over 2 hours and isn't complete then.
> Thanks in advance.
> Take Care
> Winton

   Yes, if it is on the disk. An easier way that will install any
dependencies if you have the room copy the archives to your hard drive
in /var/cacche/apt/archives.

   Then simply sudo apt-get install k3b, hopefully this should grab the
dependencies and k3b from the archive and not need to download anything
If however you are now running dapper or the update has found a newer
version then you could still run into problems. Even using dpkg to install
it could mean that there are unmet dependencies esp if it is an older
version than the system you now have.