Top-posting [Was: Installing with apt-get]

Troy Piggins troy at piggo.com
Thu Jun 22 20:10:11 UTC 2006

* Steve Tripp <progressivepenguin at gmail.com> :
>    Bottom posting is by far the most inefficient way to read lists like this
>    that are active and have many additions.  Bottom posters also seem to be
>    the loudest when it comes to complaining, and they also seem to overlook
>    the fact that their complaints dilute the technical issues actually being
>    discussed.

On the contrary - in such a high volume list where you can't read
every post, or at least remember the current depth of discussion in
a thread, it's much more efficient to properly quote and add your
comments throughout so that if someone does pick up half way through
a thread they can see the flow of discussion.

That being said, there will always be two sides of the argument with
both having their reasons.  That's fine.  I'm on the *right* side
;-)

--
Troy Piggins
  ,-o   Ubuntu v6.06 (Dapper Drake): kernel 2.6.15-25-server,