Kernel Compile errors

Erik Christiansen erik at dd.nec.com.au
Thu Jun 22 04:08:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 05:20:19AM -0700, Adam D wrote:
> all give me this error:
>
>   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function 'exec_conf':
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: for each function it appears in.)
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EAGAIN' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/mconf.o] Error 1
> make: *** [xconfig] Error 2

Adam,

   I've never been in your situation, but it appears evident that you're
missing the header which defines error values. I suspect you'll find
that scripts/kconfig/mconf.c should include /usr/include/linux/errno.h,
or a header which in turn includes it, so you'll have:

#define  EINTR     4 /* Interrupted system call */

The same goes for EAGAIN. It's defined in the same file, naturally.

Can you post the #includes at the top of scripts/kconfig/mconf.c?
If the include is there, then your include path probably needs tweaking.

Erik