Can't Complie any kernel source code

Adam D emlists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:50:23 UTC 2006

Ok.. I was able to compile my kernel.. but now I don't know if I had installed or messed up my kconfig up any.. but every time I try to run:

I downloaded the newest vanilla kernal but I just can't comple the code or even get the simple make xconfig to work.  Now I cd into my old kernel directory and did a make vmlinux and it started the normal make process but as to any of the normal make xconfig, make gconfig, make menuconfig, make oldconfig all give me the same errors and I am so at a loss.

# make oldconfig
# make xconfig
# make gconfig
# make menuconfig

all give me this error:

  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function 'exec_conf':
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: for each function it appears in.)
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EAGAIN' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/mconf.o] Error 1
make: *** [xconfig] Error 2

Is this related to missing file or a conflict?  Or just simply something else...

-Adam