Stupid end-user tricks: darcs for /etc and /boot

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Jun 21 13:08:26 UTC 2006

Michael T. Richter wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-21-06 at 14:19 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> > I think that a definition by which no software
>> > ever written can be dangerous
>>
>> That's not what I wrote.
>>
>> > and even sharp knives aren't dangerous is
>>
>> That's also not what I wrote. You miss the keypoints. And I'm actually getting
>> quite fed up to repeat them over and over again. Just read what I wrote.
>
> You do realise, Alexander, that if people are mistaking your intent in
> your communication attempts, the fault likely lies in your
> communication, not in their reading/listening, right?

Yes, I do realise that. But what else should I do, then to
clearly state what I mean? Even then people can misunderstand,
if just try hard enough - and Daniel seems to be trying
quite hard.

So, once more: Sharp knives aren't dangerous, *IF* used
properly. A reader can of course ignore the *IF*, but then
it's the readers problem if he got a nonsense statement, as
it's no longer my statement, even if the reader tries to phrase
it that way in a response.

I do agree that it's likely my fault - but not in this case.
I don't know what Daniel is after.

Alexander Skwar
--
"Obviously, a major malfunction has occurred."
		-- Steve Nesbitt, voice of Mission Control, January 28,