Matrox G400 dual head monitor problem

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Wed Jun 21 05:47:39 UTC 2006

Sceae wrote:
> Hi Matt, I also have a notebook (toshiba) that uses the same driver
> (i810), i saw a lot of things that you xorg.conf have that my also
> have. I tried with your xorg file but I have the same, I see the same
> image in both monitors (laptop and external). How can I configure 2
> desktops? When i go to change de resolution i have the same problem
> "The X Server does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution
> changes to the display size are not available"

Sebastian,

The i810 driver serves a whole family of Intel chips.  Knowing which
chip of the family is in your laptop may help.  Please post the output
of 'lspci | grep -i vga'.

Also, there may be errors in your Xorg.0.log.  That is a file in the
/var/log directory.  If there are any lines with (EE) in that file,
please post them as well.  An easy way to find lines like that would be
the command 'cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep \(EE\)'.  If your Xorg.0.log
file contains any errors, please post it as well.

The file that I had posted should have resulted in a single desktop that
stretched across two monitors, so getting the same image in both
monitors may indicate a problem.

-Matt