Enabling sound

Jean Hollis Weber jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Wed Jun 21 00:09:06 UTC 2006

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>> However, I don't get sound out of any websites, using Firefox 1.5.0.4
>> as shipped with Ubuntu 6.06...
>
> Well that's firefox. To be honest, I've had trouble getting sound to
> work on Firefox too, and if anyone has a solution I'd be interested to
> hear it. The only pages I've managed to get sound on are the ones with
> Flash sound. On that topic, here are some interesting videos to test
> Firefox flash with: :)
> [...]
> Btw, does Flash work on Firefox for you?

Yes, I got Flash working on Firefox. It didn't work at first, but
somewhere (in Add/Remove Programs, I think) I found it listed and
installed it. Then the link you had previously sent me for a
video loaded and played... both the visual and the sound. The
other day the sound wouldn't play! Now it's playing fine. Go
figure. (Probably another user error on my part.)

Now if someone can suggest a site or two that I can use to test
non-flash sound. One I tried is in Windows Media Player (.wmv)
format and apparently I don't have the necessary software to run
it. Suggestions, anyone? Other than telling them to use something
more universal. :-)

Cheers, Jean