Installing with apt-get

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:55:02 UTC 2006

On 20/06/06, Matthew Nicholson <sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com> wrote:
> thunderbird is just that, only referred to by another package. in this
> case, its 'mozilla-thunderbird' your looking for.
>
> sudo apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird
>
> give that a try.
>
> and you can search via commmand line with
>
> apt-cache search "search string"

Thanks, I was using apt-get search instead of apt-cache search. Now I know.

Side note, is it proper to top-post on this list? On other mailing
lists that I subscribe to they would kill a top-poster, but I see it
happen on this list quite a bit. Any opinions on the subject are
appreciated. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://essentialinux.com
442