sources.list for debian sid source code

Cameron Hutchison camh at xdna.net
Tue Jun 20 00:56:35 UTC 2006

I wrote:
>ben wrote:
>>Cameron Hutchison <lists at xdna.net> wrote:

>>> I'm trying to figure out how to set up my /etc/apt/sources.list so
>>> that I can add a deb-src line for Debian unstable. But I only want to
>>> fetch sources from that source when explicitly specified.

>>sudo apt-get source -t sid xterm

>That does it, after adding:
>APT::Default-Release "dapper";
>to my /etc/apt/apt.conf and the deb-src line to my sources.list

Actually, that doesn't do it very well. If I add a Default-Release of
dapper, I'm missing out on dapper-updates and dapper-security.

I've now removed the Default-Release config item and added the following
to /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: 50

According to the apt_preferences(5) man page, this should work, but it
isn't. Sources are still coming from Debian unstable by default (if the
version is later). It seems "apt-get source" is ignoring the preferences
- perhaps they apply only to binary packages?

Any more ideas?