K3b permissions are driving me nuts!

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 00:34:23 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,
   This is an issue that is really bugging me and I can't seem to find a
proper fix for it.
   I am running Dapper on an Inspiron 6000. K3b keeps telling me that
cdrecord doesn't have permission for the device.  Upon further checking, it
seems that cdrecord is trying to use /dev/sg0 even though K3b says it's
using /dev/sg1.  I try to add that device(sg0) and K3bsetup tells me that it
isn't a valid device.
   I change the permissions of /dev/sg0 to 666 and K3b then works.
Unfortunately, after rebooting, the permissions go back to what they were
before.  This sucks.
   What do I have to do to remedy this situation?  I believe that this was
the same problem I had under Breezy and I had hoped that it would be fixed
with Dapper.

Thanks,
Lee