Xorg memory leak

knubbe ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 16 19:04:38 UTC 2006

Borniet Wrote:
> Same here, I have a dell D610 with the 915M graphics from Intel. Using
> Breezy I used the vesa driver, and xorg was always between 400 and 700
> Mb large in memory. Upgrading to Dapper caused it to use 1.8 Gb, which
> makes the machine totally unuseable. It is using the i810 driver now,
> and I am running KDE.

I have a Dell inspiron 6000 with the 915 intel chipset. It's slow when
i boot up in my 686 kernel, but when i use the 386 kernel everything
run nice.

It's an intel 1.6ghz celeron (mobile) cpu.

Running top from command line shows ~10-50% CPU usage all the time and
when i start moving my mouse pointer it goes up to 70-80%.

--
knubbe