Getting wifi to work

taylormc ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 16 09:42:33 UTC 2006

I have a similar situation with Kubuntu 6.06 and a Netgear WG511T, "sudo
iwpriv ath0 authmode 2" gets the connection to work, but I have to enter
this every time I connect, which is irritating.

Confessing that I'm a newbie to Linux, I must ask: How can I
incorporate this command into a script file or whatever, so I don't
have to run it every time? Kubuntu's Wireless LAN Assistant, which
presumably duplicates the "Properties" settings mentioned, just doesn't
have an entry corresponfing to "authmode".

--
taylormc