Automated Deployment- Myth?

killfire ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 16 03:33:43 UTC 2006

I have been trying to find one instance or description of Dapper's
automated deployment as described in the alternative install cd being
used, and I cant. Does it exist? Is there simply no documentation? I
have been searching the wiki, the forums, google, and can't find
anything.

Basically my longer term goal will be to set up an install cd that will
automatically set up computers to interact in a windows active directory
environment- authenticate users, get their home directories, etc.
However, before I get too involved I want to see what has been done
already- so what is the status of the automated deployment of Ubuntu?

Also, have any other attempts like this been attempted (regardless of
whether they were with Ubuntu or not)

thanks,

Daniel

--