quick apt command help...(ubuntu rant?)

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 18:29:55 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, ZephyrQ <zephyrq at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>         Excuse the rant, [/rant on/]but I have *never* had to go to Windows to
> accomplish something as simple as installing firmware...and now I will
> have to (due to time constraints and impending 2 week vacation I cannot
> just 'install dapper' or any other OS right now).

FWIW if I understand correctly and you are running breezy currently,
just 'installing dapper' consists of adding two or three lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.list and doing #sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.  unless
you're on dial-up it should be done after a short trip to the store,
and if you are on dial-up, probably overnight.