Why Different Commands ?

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 14:17:38 UTC 2006

Chanchao wrote:
> However, you can also send email in HTML format. After changing the
> format to HTML, the buttons for formatting then become active. (When
> writing the email, *_go to the 'Format' menu and select HTML_*)

Did you notice you posted that last phrase in big, bold, red letters?

> WORD OF WARNING though: A lot of people don't like receiving e-mail in
> anything but plain text.   HTML encourages bloated emails and too much
> formatting, making things harder to read..  (Ever receive an email with
> 300 smileys jumping up and down...)

Yes I have. I just recently received a messages with big, bold, red
letters. It's really annoying.

 > Especially for posts to mailing lists, using HTML is usually not
> appreciated.   This may be a losing battle though, I may just be
> old-fashioned in these things.

Do as I say, not as I do? If you dislike html posting in mailing list,
why do it in the first place?

--
Ylan

"The universe is not required to be in