tetex errors

fromluxembourg ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jun 15 11:00:17 UTC 2006

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I have to tell you that it
still doesn't solve the problem :(

Now in my  /etc/texmf folder I have:

CONTENTS  DEBIAN  INFO  INSTALL  language.d  updmap.d

as expected, what I probably didn't understood clearly from your
response was:

"Then run apt-get again"

what do you mean? I run synaptic and looking if tex-common was
installed I realized it wasn't, then I started to install the latex
packages (either using synaptic or apt-get) but I got again the same
error message:

Not replacing deleted config file
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf ... etc ...

Maybe I'm wrong somewhere in this procedure?

I would be grateful for aid.

Thanks in advance

Henk Postma Wrote:
> Hi,

> On 6/14/06, fromluxembourg <ulist (AT) gs1 (DOT) ubuntuforums.org>
> wrote:

> > *sudo dpkg --configure -a*

> > Setting up tex-common (0.15build1) ...

> > Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf

> > Does anybody encountered (and solved!) such a problem?

> Yes I remember that, it is indeed an error in tex-common. What I did

> to fix it, was go into the tex-common.deb file, and extract all files

> in that deb archive in the subdirectory etc/texmf/* to the /etc/texmf

> directories on your harddrive. That solved it for me. Then run apt-get

> again

> I use midnight commander (sudo apt-get install mc) to browse the

> contents of the deb file, which you can find in

> /var/cache/apt/archives or sth to that effect. The archive has a

> simple directory structure that mimics the directory structure on your

> harddrive. Nautilus may be able to browse the .deb as well.

> hope this helps, Henk

> --

> http://www.its.caltech.edu/~postma/

fromluxembourg