tetex errors

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:25:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 6/14/06, fromluxembourg <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:
> *sudo dpkg --configure -a*
> Setting up tex-common (0.15build1) ...
>
> Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
> Does anybody encountered (and solved!) such a problem?

Yes I remember that, it is indeed an error in tex-common. What I did
to fix it, was go into the tex-common.deb file, and extract all files
in that deb archive in the subdirectory etc/texmf/* to the /etc/texmf
directories on your harddrive. That solved it for me. Then run apt-get
again

I use midnight commander (sudo apt-get install mc) to browse the
contents of the deb file, which you can find in
/var/cache/apt/archives or sth to that effect. The archive has a
simple directory structure that mimics the directory structure on your
harddrive. Nautilus may be able to browse the .deb as well.

hope this helps, Henk

--
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~postma/