Two instances of OpenOffice on thin clients.

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Tue Jun 13 22:18:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 15:56, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> These are thin clients for a primary school. There are only 6 user
> accounts, one for each year. The head teacher really likes this
> idea because it is very simple (we are talking about 3 and 5 year
> olds here) and still gives the pupils a UI customized for their
> year group.

That sounds like a neat workaround, pity about the problem it caused
you :-)

I take it you have usernames like grade 1 and grade2? Would it really
be a problem to create 40-odd new users once at the beginning of each
year with usernames like grade1.bill and grade1.mary?

Doesn't look like it'll be much of a problem - in my experience one of
the first things kiddies learn to write and type is their own name.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za