failed to initialize HAL

sbooth ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jun 13 20:22:41 UTC 2006

I've had this problem intermittently since the update-manager updates on
Saturday morning.  Very odd.  Lots of searching found me a potential
cause - to do with automounting samba shares on start up.  I just took
out the automount (added 'noauto') to the relevant lines in /etc/fstab
and rebooted... and it started fine.  Have mounted the shares having
booted, no problems.  The intermittent nature of the problem made me
think it was a timing problem - with the order things start in - but
I'm a bit too much of a newbie to know how to play with those safely!

--
sbooth