Dapper install problem - hangs during install

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jpb at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Tue Jun 13 09:44:10 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing Dapper on an MSI K8M800 system. The spec
includes 512MB of RAM and we're using all of the onboard components, NIC,
Video Sound etc.

The CD test checks the disk out as OK but during the install it reaches 35%
and then hangs.

Has anyone successfully set Dapper up on one of these boards? Breezy worked
fine and I've tried pci=noacpi, acpi=off, noapic, nolapic and other
parameters in various combinations with no success.

Suggestions appreciated,

Julian PB

--
J. Pilfold-Bagwell