Need help with iRiver T10 with Breezy!

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 12 23:26:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 18:14 -0500, ZephyrQ wrote:
> 	Didn't know when I bought it how difficult it was going to be...and I
> need it for vacation and do NOT want to have to purchase XP just to fill
> my mp3 player!
>
> 	Device manager reads the device, but I cannot/do not remember how to
> mount it...and I need to upgrade the firmware to convert it from a MTP
> to UMS device so linux can read and put files on it.
>
> 	Anyone with some steps to get this done?  I haven't upgraded to Dapper
> yet because I didn't want to have to deal with upgrade issues before I
> leave town for 2 weeks!
>
> 	Thank you!

Others may have different suggestions, but for starters, try running
fdisk -l at in a terminal at the command prompt and see if the iRiver
shows up (I use an iRiver iHP-120). If it does, note the dev
identification, i.e. /def/sda1 . Then from the terminal as sudo, type
mount /dev/sda1 and see if it mounts. The hint: No error messages and a
fresh, blank command prompt. ;-)

Perhaps it's because my iRiver shows up as fat32, 6.06 has no problem
uploading or downloading files...oh, yes, at least on my machine, I can
only write to my iRiver as sudo. I've not troubleshot that one yet...it
really doesn't matter to me at this point...

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor