Installing in existing LVM Volume Group?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Mon Jun 12 19:51:17 UTC 2006

Sarangan Thuraisingham wrote:

> Clunky, ha ha. It doesn't work at all if you try the normal LiveCD
> install. The GUI partitioner seems to recognise the volumes as separate
> disks. In the next step, where you select the root and swap partions, it
> only display physical partitions.

Hm.

I used the normal Desktop CD and ran the installer. It seemed to
recognise the volumes but then didn't display anything at all
at step 5. When I clicked on "Next" (after having selected nothing),
the installer crashed.

I guess the installer on the normal CD doesn't work with LVM.

Alexander Skwar
--
"An open mind has but one disadvantage: it collects dirt."
-- a saying at RPI