Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:58:35 UTC 2006

Thiers Botelho wrote:
 > As a former (happy) user of Quicken 2000, about 3 years ago I was
> testing Fedora Core 1 and did some theoretical-only evaluation of
> GnuCash.
>
>        - http://gnucash.org/
>
> At that time, through a lengthy discussion with one of the developers
> (which was another Derek BTW), I found that the only Quicken feature
> that I missed in GnuCash was some cross-referencing functionality on
> reports (I forgot what it was called). Other than that I found that GC
> was pretty much complete as an accounting tool (and also visually
> similar to Quicken - graphically-wise it is a very sophisticated
> piece).

I have tried that in the past before but found that it din't have
ebveryhting I was looking for. That was a few years ago and it might
improved. I mentioned eleswhere on the thread that Moneydance lacks
accrued interest handling for bonds and other securities, I will check
GnuCash when I have time and see if they can handle that.

Believe me, I would love to dump Money 2004.

--
Ylan

"The universe is not required to be in
perfect harmony with human ambition"