Help: configure networking

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Jun 12 15:07:18 UTC 2006

Morgan Greywolf wrote:
>> e100                   40580  0
>> dmfe                   21532  0
>> tulip                  51872  0
>
> You said you had two NICs.  This output shows that you have 3:  an Intel
> 10/100 adapter (e100), a DEC Tulip-based 10/100 adapter (tulip), and the
> Davicom adapter (dmfe).

I only know of two NICs. One is on-board (Intel) and the other was
detected as "Davicom Semiconductor DEC-tulip compatible". So, I guess
that Linux is loading two modules for the same card. That card is also
the one that points to the outside network and I haven't managed to get
that connection working. Could this be the problem? Two modules for the
same physical device? If so, what do you recommend I do?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no