Wine vs. VMWare (Was: Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6)

Dick Davies rasputnik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:40:34 UTC 2006

On 12/06/06, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:

> QEMU seems a bit faster than VMware, a bad side of it is it's hard to
> configure, but once it's installed, it's fast and responsive.

That's not been my experience at all. qemu is a dog compared to vmwareplayer
5. If you install the kqemu accelerator, it seemed to cause stability issues
on the host machine.

Xen is great, but you can't run win** on that without VT-X hardware ( which
means a recent Pentium4).

Do people really still run 'business apps' on windows?
Seriously, if you want to play games, get a console.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/